Health coverage:

If you are a student from outside Canada, you may be eligible for AHCIP coverage.

Students under 18 years of age must be added to the AHCIP account of a custodian.

Students who have a 12-month study permit (valid for an Alberta educational institute) and who will reside in Alberta for 12 months or more are eligible for AHCIP coverage and should apply.

Students with a study permit valid for more than 3 months, but less than 12 months, may be eligible for AHCIP coverage if their application is accompanied by a letter from the student confirming their intent to reside in Alberta for at least 12 months.

Please click on the link below which will bring you to the How to apply for the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan:


If you are not eligible for Alberta Health Care Insurance, you can purchase health insurance through Guard Me: www.guard.me