10205 101 Street Northwest #300, Edmonton, AB T5J 4H5, Canada
Edmonton is the capital of Alberta and one of Canada’s fastest growing cities, booming with opportunity and potential. From arts, to business, to sports, Edmonton has an eclectic and diverse vibe. Host to a number of world- renowned festivals (hence the moniker “City of Festivals”, one of the largest Malls in North America (West Edmonton Mall), and an expansive River Valley, Edmonton makes a beautiful and exciting backdrop for kick-starting an illustrious career in the hair and beauty industry.
- Over 20,000 square feet of bright open spacious floor
- 120 styling stations for students to perfect their new skills
- 4 state-of-the-art cosmetology classrooms with advanced media centres to aid in the delivery of the curriculum
- 2 state-of-the-art esthetics classrooms with advanced media centres
- 12 manicure stations
- 14 pedicure stations
- 20 makeup stations
- 28 facial beds
- 18 shampoo stations
- 16 dryer stations
- 2 state-of-the-art mannequin hair dryers
- 6 student computers for tracking student hours and client schedules
- Product dispensary
- Laundry room
- Student lounge/locker room
- Front desk with retail
- Washroom facilities
Transportation and Parking
- Located at Churchill LRT Station
- Free street parking after 6:00pm every day and all day Saturday
- Extensive curbside and surface-lot parking
- Lower evening rates in parkades and surface lots starting at 5:00pm on weekdays
PEACE RIVER CAMPUS
8801 96 Street, Peace River, AB T8S 1R6
Peace River Campus
The town is located 486 km north-west of Edmonton and 195 km north-east of Grande Prairie, is the second largest center in north-western Alberta and functions as a thriving regional service and trade center. Living in Peace River means living a vibrant and wonderful community. Peace River residents and visitors are privileged to enjoy one of the most beautiful physical settings in Alberta.
How does it work?
The in-class practical hands on learning component starts the first week of July 2018. The pre-requisites: students must first complete the online education component before enrolling in the practical portion of the program.
What does the online component consist of?
The online education consists of 210 hours of theory that is set out by the Apprenticeship Standards of Alberta. This component must be completed on your own time and students must pass this before full-time enrollment.
Who is it for?
This program was designed for individuals from Northern Alberta who are interested in pursuing a career in the beauty industry. It is for those who are unable to move or transition to one of our campuses in Edmonton or Calgary. You do not need to be a student of Glenmary High school to enroll in this program.
Why should I enroll?
If you have dreams of working in the beauty industry but feel you’ve had limited access to education, we are now bringing our unparralled training to Northern Alberta. The instruction we provide is the same curriculum that is taught to our Edmonton & Calgary students.
How Many Students can Enroll?
- The online portion has unlimited availability.
- The in-class practical hands on learning component, July 2018 – January 2019 is limited to 12 students per intake.
What do I need?
Tablet or laptop with internet access.
Is there support for the online portion?
Yes, we offer support to all of our students. After you begin your program, if you require assistance please email [email protected]
Is there support for practical learning?
Yes, there will be an instructor for your hands on portion of you education